Thursday, March 26, 2009

Noisy

Today is the start of the F1 event in Melbourne, capped off by the main race on Sunday afternoon. It's being dubbed as historic because it's a twilight race.

It's held in Albert Park, which is right down the block from us. We've been watching them assemble the venue for months, putting up barriers, grandstands, tent cities, and the like. This morning, before the opening of the event, I could hear the cars being taken out for test runs. It sounds like the CART/Champ Car race that we once saw in San Jose, only bigger and badder.

Had I been on the ball, I would have been taking pictures of the setup as the months had gone by. I am not, however, on the ball, it seems. So, I'll try to get pictures this weekend and some of the teardown. I did notice last night that I can see the lights from my bedroom. It seems that starting last night they began leaving them on 24 hours a day. I guess for security?

I did get this picture out of my kitchen window yesterday morning, which I thought was pretty cool.

No comments: