Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend In Review

It was a fairly busy weekend, at least Friday night and Sunday. Saturday was pretty chill, largely due to Friday night.

A few beers on Friday turned into a lot of beers, when we met two Aussies and a Welshman who wanted to continue with the consumption. We were only so happy to oblige. I did learn a few things on Friday night though.

First, it's peanut-butter-jelly-time.



Second, despite food being a lot more expensive most of the time, it seems that McDonald's is the exception.



Third, this guy wants to save some money.



Saturday was a recuperation day, followed by a housewarming party that night. Pretty chill all in all. I did take notice of this on a tram.



Nobody likes a dodgy prawn. About 5 minutes after taking this picture I saw someone get nailed for not having a ticket.

Sunday we went east of town and did a ride that included a climb up Mt. Dandenong. It was really pretty out there, and reminded me a lot of riding in the NC mountains, just with ferns instead of evergreens.

As I was writing this, I saw a guy cross the street in front of my place in an Obama Hope shirt. I'm still pretty excited about the inauguration, despite his recent image troubles with the gay community.

No comments: