Thursday, October 7, 2010

World Road Race Championships

The elite men's world championship road race. I'm late getting pictures posted, and I'm sure most people have seen this already from every other website in the world. I won't rehash the race or results, but I will say that it was a lot of fun to watch. Good work to the organizers for putting together a good race, the fans for being on good behavior, and the riders for making it interesting.

I feel extremely fortunate to be living here when Worlds came to town. The atmosphere at the race was very much like a big race in Europe. I know I had a ball. The weather couldn't have been better either. Sunny and 22 degrees - the perfect way to start Daylight Saving Time.

We set up shop near the top of the major climb. The roads were painted and the fans were out.



These guys were across the way from us, and kept changing their Phil Says signs.





And now, some shots from the race.














The park at the top of the climb had a big screen set up, and we went there to catch the finish. Good setup all around by the organizers.

No comments: