Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An Open Letter to Viacom

Listen here, Viacom. I've never asked you for much. Why must you take away one of life's simple pleasures down here in Oz?

For so long, I've been able to enjoy The Daily Show and The Colbert Report without resorting to tricks such as streaming through a VPN to get a US IP address. And then I return from my Trip Of Epic Proportions, and find that now Australia is blocked from streaming the shows.

I know that you haven't blocked all countries. Just some (most?). The comments section of the shows' respective web pages suggests that those countries you've blocked are up in arms. Do you really want to aggravate that many viewers? And what's the real value of blocking other countries? It's not like the shows aren't going to just pop up on bittorrent. How do you think I'm getting last nights?

There are a couple things that I really miss about not living in the States, but this wasn't one of them. Throw the world a bone and knock this crap off.

No comments: