Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week One

Tomorrow will mark a week of being in Australia. Wild.

This is the view from our porch. Not bad.









And the view just down the street (better):









I've spent a lot of the last week trying to find reliable ways to get on the Internet, which has led me to spend a lot of time in the Melbourne Library. It's ok, but I'm writing this from Shannon's office, which is by comparison, a dream. I wish I could work from here until we got our DSL setup. Shannon works in this building, so it's actually a wonder anything gets done.









This past weekend was the conclusion of the Jayco Herald Sun Tour, which finished with a Crit in Melbourne. There were a handful of names mixed into some local pro teams, including CSC, Jelly Belly, Toyota-United, and Team Type 1. A few pictures follow - I've never seen a scooter quite like this one from SRAM. Bonus points for anyone who can name the man in yellow.































And, in the best news of the week department, we went to the thrift store and got plates and wine glasses to the tune of $2. Needless to say, everything now tastes better.

No comments: