Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Zealand Wants To Be Like Australia

Just when we thought there was nothing that could hurt you in NZ...

The public is being advised to supervise dogs and children on an eastern Auckland beach after toxic sea slugs were discovered there for the first time.

Warning signs will be put up this afternoon on Kohimarama Beach after a slug containing tetrodotoxin was found by a woman walking with her dog.

The poison is the same as that found in the vomit of two dogs that died last winter after visiting North Shore beaches.

Original Article

No comments: